Thursday, August 2, 2012

Chicken

Yesterday, the masses flocked to Chick-Fil-A in support of either 1.Mr. Truett's views on marriage or 2.The  Right to Freedom of Speech.  I for one went on the principle of freedom of speech.
I agree with Mr. Truett on all levels though.  Marriage should be between man and woman.  Marriage is a biblical and religious concept.  Marriage did not begin as a legal bond.  Therefore, I say the bible can determine who can and cannot be married.  I have nothing against people in committed homosexual relationships.  I have many people in my life who are homosexual and I love them as much as my heterosexual friends.
However, the gay community deciding to ban Chick-Fil-A based on the owner's theology is asinine.
Sydney loves Elmo.  Sesame Street has recently pulled their toys from Chick-Fil-A for kid's meals.  A friends of mine saw Sydney with Elmo and said, "You really shouldn't support Sesame Street any more" in regards to their stance on Chick-Fil-A.  In my opinion, that would be doing the same thing that Chick-Fil-A is doing.  Sesame Street is voicing their opinion about something they believe.  To boycott them for that, in my opinion, would be immature.
For now, unless they become more corrupt in the broadcast to my toddler, Sydney will continue to scream "MELMO!!!" every time we pass anything to do with the furry red guy.

1 comment:

  1. This will go away as fast as the Kony campaign did. Americans are fickle.

    ReplyDelete