Sunday, May 13, 2012

What Sydney Doesn't Know

Today is Mother's Day. Oddly enough, it's been tough for me to swallow. I know, Ashley grow up and get over it. Well, the truth is I'm struggling. Mother's day is a day for appreciating mother's, right? A lot of the time this appreciation comes from the husband of the mother. My daughter's father isn't here to appreciate the mother I am to his daughter. That's been difficult for my mind to wrap around. This time last year, my husband gave me a ring from Sydney. One that I had been eyeing for some time. It was a nice day. I remember it well and remembering a good time with him sometimes makes me sad. I could tell it had been bothering me the last couple of days because I've been having the nightmares again. BLAH to that. As I sit here typing that. I do realize I have someone who appreciates the mother I am. Sydney. Every time she reaches for me when she's in someone else's arms, every time she grins from ear to ear when I get her out of bed in the morning, every time she gives me a kiss... my baby is thanking me for being her mother. With all the really crappy stuff he did, I've got him to thank for giving me the mother's day gift that keeps on giving... my child's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment