Friday, February 17, 2012

When You Say the Word "Advanced"

Sydney had her first birthday. It was mellow and low key with a small group of family and friends. Sydney loved it. Sat in her cake and ate enough to provide enough calories for a small village. She only has one first birthday. I loved every minute of her giggles and squeals.
This was her in progress of getting up to sit in it.
This is the after math. Anyway. Sydney had her first year check up with the pediatrician this week. Said Syd is of normal weight and height for a baby of her age... just under the 50th percentile. But those words were uttered that every mother gets slightly giddy over hearing "she's really advanced for her age." I just stared at the pediatrician needing clarification. The pediatrician went further to explain that Sydney obviously can follow commands as she obeys me when I ask her to do things, she runs across the room, knows how to turn the pages of a book, etc. I was giddy. My baby is advanced. I'd love her if she was a dummy. Honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment