Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Nostalgia

I like it. I like the feeling of it. That almost eerie feeling of familiarity. Like it's supposed to be the norm but no longer feels right. That's how I describe it. Too many things arouse this emotion these days, but I like it. A t-shirt stuffed in the back of the closet that isn't mine. It's his. Looks familiar, but feels so wrong. He doesn't know me anymore. He'll forever be as he was the day he left. No room for growth or change. But me. I'm blossoming. I'm growing. I'm learning. I'm being a better human. He doesn't know me. And, I'm okay with that. Really okay with it actually. I like that I'm learning to be better. A better mom, a better nurse, a better citizen, everything. For the wake up call, the shock to my system. I'm grateful. His going has changed me. He doesn't know me. And it doesn't make me sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment